Thursday, July 1, 2010

More vendors!

Things are moving along swimmingly on the wedding planning front. Today, I met our invitation designer at a paper warehouse to look at some options. And then I dropped off our deposit at the bakery we will be getting the cake from. So I felt it was an appropriate time to introduce both of them on here!

Jerabek's New Bohemian

Jerabek's is a charming little independent bakery and coffee shop located in the West Side neighborhood of Saint Paul. We met with their cake decorator, Becca, a few weeks ago. She was very sweet and had some lovely pictures to show us from cakes she has decorated. We also got to taste a few different flavors of their cake, and it was delicious! I want the cake to be pretty, but I do not want it to look like some sort of sculpture that you can't eat, which is what a lot of pictures I see nowadays look like. I want it to look edible! And I believe that Jerabek's will do a wonderful job with that task. They also have good coffee and amazing cookies and pies. If you are ever in the area, check them out! And on October 2nd, be sure to save some room for dessert.
http://www.jerabeks.com/index.html

Tom Vogel

Well, I guess Tom's website is "under construction," but when it is available I will post it! I have worked with Tom at Half Price Books for almost three years now, and he is probably one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He is definitely the customer's favorite around the store :). Anyway, Tom is an artist and designer, and he has a great eye for good design. I knew I didn't want our invites to look like everyone else's, and I'm so glad Tom has agreed to take on the project. We have used so many fun things as inspiration: old books, art deco posters, art nouveau illustrations... And so far what he has come up with looks awesome. We're really excited to see what the final product looks like!


Tonight, Tanner and I are headed out to look at a house we may rent for the rehearsal dinner. Then, we will watch our favorite summer show: So You Think You Can Dance. Tanner likes the hip hop dances. Henry likes the host, Cat Deeley. Me-ow.

No comments:

Post a Comment